Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Learning 2.0 Week 11 - online applications

I see online applications like zoho-docs, google-docs, slide share etc as assisting library staff members to create and share with each other information that they can use within the library. The public library I work at has a number of committees that focus on a particular area of interest that provide a service to the public. I'm a member of the readers advisory committee, and I think that myself and fellow committee members can create documents covering various ideas and proposals and share them with each other. This would allow all members on the committee to comment and add their own ideas. Then, at our next monthly meeting wee can access the finished document and discuss it further. Therefore, an online application like google docs allows for the creating, contributing and sharing of ideas and have a common place to access it. A great tool!